Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Bittersweet feelings...

Today was my last full day of school as an undergrad…I have two more tests and one more project to do. I am procrastinating…perhaps; I am a tad in denial about the upcoming end of all this stage of my life. Transitions are very difficult for me…the future is so alluring yet the past has grown padded walls around me. In the distance, I can see my husband who is waiting patiently (in his undisclosed location) so he can get a taste of what it is like to truly have a ‘live in” wife, while Africa competes for his attention. Her calls are getting louder and louder with each passing day. I will have to undergo two enormous transitions in only a matter of months. My independence is vital to my existence, but how long can I survive with only half my heart?

As my moving day approaches…insomnia moves in and anxiety makes my blood bubble…and so to add insult to injury the Canadian government decided to award me by sending my sweetheart to somewhere to do something …(Did I mention that I love the Army?)

Until Friday…when I will write from Pittsburgh…

No comments: