Saturday, May 5, 2007

Outbound Training -- Pittsburgh, PA


All my uncomfort about transitioning vanished yesterday as I sat in awe at the back of the meeting room at the Pittsburgh Marriott! I had such a fantastic time. Many of the lingering questions that I had have been answered, but the most important thing was being surrounded by like-minded individuals who ALL love to travel. I swear if we were in any other location our conversations would have sounded tremendously pretentious! I met a few girls that after spending only three hours with them it felt as if we were life long friends:)

The training was very informative many of my questions about "the process" have been answered. I learned things about Rotary that I never knew-mainly about Polio. The teachers and alumni were so helpful in preparing us for what is to come. I enjoyed the presentations about how to prepare and what to include in our PowerPoint presentations while in Uganda.

As I listened to Mr. Dave (Rotarian Extraordinaire) speak I had goose bumps and honestly wanted to cry tears of happiness. Rotary and their mission matches my personality 100%. It is hard to believe that I have found an organization and a plethora of people whose beliefs are the same as mine. It is truly amazing to be 25 years old and 200% certain of what I want out of life! It thrills and excites me...I am happy beyond belief...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your pic it is soooo funny!!!