Thursday, August 23, 2007

Uganda and Marriage!

In the morning when I leave Tusu’s home I take a short cut to the main road. Along this short cut I seem to have acquired a group of, perhaps I could call them followers! These little children range from the ages of 3 to 10. They have huge smiles on there face and loud, carrying little voices. They scream “Hello! Muzungu! How are you? Where are you going? See you, Muzungu!” Now, heaven forbid I forget to say hi to one of them or not see another off in the distance, they say hello over and over again!

This morning, someone even asked me “Hello Muzungu, where is your mother?”


I have begun to notice some similarities among Ugandan life and married life! (I think my Ugandan friends will find this comical!)

Life in Uganda, so far, seems quite relaxed…things happen on African time. (As I mentioned earlier…that means tomorrow, the next day, something like that, maybe!)
As you all know by now, I have been anxiously awaiting to move into my Ugandan home…and I keep asking people if they know of any self contained flats, apartments or houses. Many people eagerly respond and tell me that they will call me tomorrow with news…I am still waiting...this is not only with the apartment hunting, its with school too…but I am completely fine with it because when I miss a “deadline” I am going to say oh, I promise, it will come tomorrow!!

NOW---how is this like marriage? Laundry, dishes, dinner, mowing the lawn, taking out the trash, getting the mail, groceries, etc…The answer is the same “later”…but guess what? It never happens!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How true! Maybe I should move to Africa....

Anonymous said...

Jen, It's kinda late so Dad will get in touch with you tomorrow




Maybe !

Love Dad