Friday, August 24, 2007

There is a first for everything!

I have never seen it with my eyes, nor have I ever heard of it, but I have found culture that refrains from polluting its lungs with cancer causing tars! Ugandans do not smoke! I have not seen one cigarette butt on the ground, an ashtray, cigarette vendors, or one single Ugandan smoking. I have seen TWO individuals puffing, but guess what? THEY were MUZUNGU’S! (Foreign).

I actually talked to Tusu about it this evening and he told me that it is now illegial to smoke in public places. He said years ago it was more common for people to smoke, but it has faded out. I am not one that enjoys going to bars, but apparently it is more common to see people smoking at night.

No Smokey smell, no disgusting cigarette pollution, no hacking, no coughing when walking through a crowd…hummm could I get used to this?

Could North American learn a thing or two from Uganda?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny,

I really enjoy reading your blogs. They do reflect a true picture of our dear country but there is more to come. The subjects are good u just need to continue moving around and adding content. Its nice to have you here. Enjoy yo stay and post more blogs. Going to ask some more ugandans to visit and comment. Cheers

Maureen.