Friday, February 2, 2007

Immunizations....

I called the U.S. Health Department and the Clinique du Voyageurs in Sherbrooke and I was informed of the copious amounts of shots that I am going to need for East Africa.

1) Diptheria/tetnus/whooping cough
2) Polio
3) Hep A & B (3 shots)
4) Yellow Fever *** I need to have a certificate or I could be denied entry at customs
5) Typhoid
6) Meningitis
7) Cholera
8) Rabies (for the wild animals that might bite me? hahaah)

Then...get this...I have to take a Malaria tablet EVERYDAY...yeah...I can see that lasting 2 weeks before I start forgetting.

So...On Wednesday I have my Dip/Tet/whooping cough/Hep A & B/Meng. shots...and I am going to leave the other ones for a little bit later.

2 comments:

Lana said...

You are a much braver woman than I...that'd kill it right there for me, I HATE needles!

Anonymous said...

I've had all those, plus more, and the malaria pills, your arms will be sore for a few days.... GOOD LUCK!