Thursday, February 1, 2007

First Contact...FINALLY

February 1st today...perhaps a great start to a new month. I have been messaging a girl that attends Makerere Univeristy (in Uganda) that i found on Facebook. She has been answering some of the school questions I have. She found a contact that would answer my e-mails!! I e-mailed Dr. Simba at Makerere yesterday and I recieved his reply first thing this morning.
He informed me that I would have absolutely no problems getting into my programs for my MA. He offered much help and said he would keep me infrormed about application deadlines and such. From what he says all that is vital at the moment is my proof of graduating from Penn State and that everything else is just details. THANK YOU DR SIMBA! My new best friend!
I now know that school starts on August 25th. That they have MA's in African Studies, Democracy, and Human Rights. I really hope that I am allowed to choose a few electives from African Studies.
I asked if he knew anything about the accomodation off campus. (I want to live in Ugandan culture and experience their way of life, not on campus with first year students who have never been away from home before!!!)

I am so excited..finally after months of e-mailing and searching I am getting somewhere.

No comments: