Monday, October 15, 2007

Josh...

I wasn't going to post anything today because I wanted to make sure that everyone had read last weeks post, however, I received a phone call last night that changed my mind.

I have received some e-mails asking about Josh, so I wanted to blog about him today.

I received my first phone call of 2 weeks last night at 3:30 a.m. I was so excited to hear that phone ring!
Josh is in Wainwright, Alberta training with very limited access to outside communication. Two weeks ago he was transferred to a new platoon, a platoon that is deploying to Afghanistan at the end of January 2008.

Last night he told me that he has filled out all the necessary documents and has been given his travel dates for his R & R (Rest from Afghanistan)...this is getting all too real. He seems in good spirits and happy with situation, thus far. He will be coming to Uganda for the second time from May 13th to June 5th. I hope to use 10 days to that to go somewhere A-M-A-Z-I-N-G...somewhere that has NO sand.

I asked him if he was "at peace" in his heart and I thought he was going to choke...I guess an army wife should know better...I worry so much about his situation, if he is eating, if he is healthy, if he is sleeping enough.

January is a while away...but all too close for my fragile heart. Please send all your positive thoughts and prayers.

I often hear people tell me that I am brave to go all the places that I go, but this is absolutely nothing. I have a husband that has enough strength and courage to last someone 50 lifetimes...and I hope he realizes how honored, proud, and supportive I am to him and his career.

I love you sweetheart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are people out here that realise you are both brave. We are proud of you both and want only happiness where you are concerned. Josh...all the best, as always.

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
I am so proud of you! You are an amazing woman with such a good heart. You and Josh our a power couple, the most unselfish people I know. My thoughts and prayers are with both of you always. I love reading about all your new adventures. I cant wait to hear more. Love-ash