Thursday, May 24, 2007

HOME SWEET HOME

Well finally after 4 days of late night and early mornings I am FINALLY with Josh in Manitoba. What an exhausting four days; driving from Philly to MTL, Rotary meetings, visiting family, packing, unpacking, and repacking, shots for Africa, and a flat tire later...I sit in my comfy little army house!

This morning (ok ok it was afternoon!) while eating Breakfast!! Josh and were talking and all of a sudden something SLAMMED into the window...I got up to look out and it was a baby bird. I went outside and she was just lying there, so I picked her up and brought her inside. I wanted to keep her, but Josh was really certain that she was just stunned and that when she came to that she would fly around the house. Well...I took her outside and watched for a while, but unfortunately she died. I'm going to bury her later...I felt so bad.

Josh and I went to pick up some groceries and things for the house and when we got back I kept telling him about the things that I need to do, but I was just too tired to do them. He just looked at me and told me to relax that I can do it all later. He is absolutely right; however, my brain has been in overdrive for the past few years and it is incredibly difficult to just sit still have nothing to think about, papers to write, and matters to stress over. After some deep thought I have decided that this is going to be a work-free summer! I am going to get a hammock, lay in the backyard, read, and catch up on my French:)

Well I am off to eat dinner...prepared by my loving husband!!! (Yeah...I think I could get used to getting pampered!)

5 comments:

Mzungu Girl said...

A hammock? Pampering? Slowing down? Oh yeah... you're preparing well for African life.

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I miss you a whole lot. I wish you could come back and live with us another year. You'll always remain in my heart and mine is the same thing as you'rs. I'll always remember you whenerver I see a entelaegent women go by. I hope you will never forget me, because I know I'll never forget about you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, how you doing skype me or call me anytime soon!!! Ok, Ok -Lia


xoxoxo-lia again

Anonymous said...

is it fun being with josh?

Anonymous said...

Hi!!! I miss u like CRAZY. i cant wait until i c u or tlk 2 u. well g2g. Luv Ya Lots!!!